Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tremolo nana: 8th December gig

We are going to have a gig this 8th December so the band has been practicing very2 hard. No I'm lying. We haven't practiced at all actually and I am really worried.

There's a worry that comes with not practicing before a big show and that is normal really. So in this short space of time the best thing is to cram in as much quality practice time before we embarrass ourselves in what could be the most important gig in our career as indie musicians.

That's what I want to talk about today. Procrastination. I think its a habit of us as humans to procrastinate. It comes naturally and whether we like it or not we will try and delay waking up every morning every single time. As an example, I believe i hit the snooze button at least 5 times this morning, and that's a good standard by any means. As I lumber out of bed with an almighty groan that sounded like a bear out of a cave I wonder if my life is going to remain in this dull repetitive pattern of one procrastination after another? I started to wonder what happened to all those hours that I got procrastinating? where did they go? Have I achieved anything from that 5 minutes snooze this morning? interesting thought. My mum always say the 5 minutes snooze that you take now could also be the 5 minutes snooze that you take after the job's done. So time finds a way to add itself up in the end; like a well calculated sum. So I start to wonder, if I blog now, during my free half an hour before my next class, instead of waiting until I get home later, would it mean that later on I will get another half hour extra?? Wow, my nipples tingle with anticipation of what I can accomplish during that time later.

I will tell you what I'll do during the half hour. Then again, I might not.

No comments: